Saturday, September 16, 2017

Week 4 - September 18-21, 2017

Week 4 is already upon us! 😬

Goals must be met by this week! September 21st to be exact, that means you must have the one (1) lesson in Aztec's Ready for Work AND the one (1) SPECIFIC lesson in your DOS complete...

Now that may be in Reading, Mathematics, or Language, it is specific to YOU! These are goals that must be met to meet State Requirements, so they are important to complete. 

There are sadly, people who have not yet logged in to Aztec yet. 

I understand that it is rather awkward to be in different buildings and not have set schedules for coming to Lab or to Computer Literacy, this is really understandable... but...

This part of your education is important, and it was set as a Goal! 
People who accomplish the most are those who revisit their goals, actually work towards them, and do not procrastinate completing goals. 

Be one of those powerful people, complete your education, make a place for yourself!

For those of you who have completed your goals, are working in your DOS, but want something extra... go to Typing.com, click on the tab where it says "Students" > click on orange bar that says "Typing Lessons" (you do NOT have to log in) > Beginner click on 'begin' ... use button to Continue...  do the lesson, stop and write down the WPM/Accuracy. Keep for later on... continue on through lessons. I suggest working on this for about 10 minutes. 

Every day, it is a good idea to go to Typing.com to practice your keyboarding skills. This type of repetitive action reinforces your hand/eye coordination and memory skills. It makes your fingers go to the right buttons when you see a letter...

Once you have completed 40 direct hours, you will be progress testing. This means that you will be checked to see what you have learned... not a grade.  This is not a test to try to cheat, or try to skip... it is important to do your best, but not be overly anxious about. 

Most know by now, I will not be working in the TxCHSE Department any longer. I am transferring to the ESOL Department this week. I will miss you all very much. Please remember if you need help, you can still email me. I will keep track of your progress, but will not be present.  I will also keep the blog up for a bit, I am not sure how long it will work out with me not being with the classes. I will continue to post updates for things going on around campus.


I hope the best for all that have been in my classes. I love you all, come visit me!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. All comment will appear shortly after review by a moderator.